Friday, August 14, 2015

So, 'Where have you been' you might ask....

I've been a busy little bee! Danse Macabre is finally available to all in epub, mobi and print formats. Behold, special prices until the actual release on the 24th!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013VVSIDK
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/568827
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/danse-macabre-christina-quinn/1122520020


And now.... a sneak peek at the chapter I've been working on in Dark Awakenings.....


     “I never meant to hurt you, my head was just so turned around with grief…and you were so kind and.” I shook my head, “I took advantage of that. I should have called or said something… you deserved better than that.” Out of the corner of my eye I caught Nikolai death glaring at me. Isn’t he supposed to be your sub? I think he’s jealous. No, I think he’s showing just how much Aleksi is in him. Apparently the part of jealousy today will be played by a cyan eyed monster.
     “She doesn’t mean it,” Nikolai snorted. “There is only one person she’s capable of caring for and that’s Aleksi, the rest of us are just things for her to play with until he’s free.”  Evan sighed at the Russian and shook his head.
     “My, how very dog in the manger of you,” Evan retorted cocking a brow.
     “What?” Nikolai blinked at him confused.
     “It’s a fable, there’s a dog in a manger who stops the horse from eating the grain even though the dog isn’t interested in it. All the fucking love in the world in your eyes belongs to you even if you don’t want it,” Evan glared at Nikolai. “You want them all to adore you Autumn, Garrett, Elizabeta. Even though you don’t want them, you want their love and you get pissy even when they show a passing ounce of affection for another.” He swallowed and his lips set into a hard line for a moment, “I hope Aleksi ties you above the bed so you can watch the moment her eyes roll back in her head when he’s fucking her, knowing you can never give her that.” Evan smirked and pushed to standing, leaving me to blink shocked. I honestly didn’t think Evan had it in him to be jealous. Everyone has their breaking point.  Miss Manners’ assessment brought my attention back to Nikolai. He’s doing this because he’s not getting what he needs. “Oh, before I forget. We’re doing Giselle next and would love to have you audition.” I thought for a moment, did I want to go on stage. You shit all over his and Garrett’s heart. You need to do it to make amends its clear they want you to dance. Even if you make a fool of yourself at least you’ll have broke even.
     “Sure.”
     “Brilliant! Garrett will be ecstatic,” Evan smiled at me and pressed a quick kiss to my forehead before he left me to go stand by Leslie who was looking at the poster of Colette and Aleksi in Giselle.
     “Nikolai—” I was cut off by the door being shoved open as Aleksi burst through the doors into the great room, his anger trailing behind him like a thick tangible thing.

     “Alyoshen'ka,” Galina sighed as she trailed him out into the bright white room. “I meant nothing by it. I’m a whore, Elizabeta’s a whore, your mother was a whore. A whore is a powerful creature,” she shrugged. Colette practically ran up behind her and shoved the tall blonde hard enough to knock her off balance. The pretty Russian blonde hit the ground with a thud that rumbled the house, and those guards were at her side in seconds pointing pistols at Colette. Vampires using guns? Well, bullets did almost take out Evan. Galina held up her hand as she looked up at Colette and sighed. “I would recommend you putting space between yourself and Aleksi. We all know about your love for your brother, it would be a pity for the truth to come out… and the truth about your son. We might understand it, but these modern Americans who pay thousands to see you dance, I doubt they would, Darling.” Galina pulled herself to standing and smoothed her white dress.  “But we’re all friends here, so your secret is safe. I agreed to help, da? We old whores always protect our own. Your… brother should not be so sensitive. If not for those six days you would not have your precious swan lake to dance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment