Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Why am I here? Who am I?... and an answer for why I'm so damn mean.

Hi, I'm Christina Quinn
I've never been good with blogs. Isn't that strange? I write, and by write I mean I spend hours a day wriggling my fingers across the keys--and yet, I suck at blogs!

So why then if I know I suck at blogs am I here? Well... the answer to that is that I stared a story a few months back which was supposed to just be a short, simple, titillating story. Now however, that short little titillating story has turned from the cute, little snake that accidentally gets flushed down the toilet... to the massive six foot long python that animal control gets called about six months later. And I'm okay with this. I'm having fun and sharing my work with people who actually enjoy it. I mean, I'm writing about Vampires and Ballet, two things that I LOVE. What could be better? (Other than Ginger men and freckles of course).  And I also want a place I can leave little tid bits of chapters if I'm going to take longer than normal to update. Or, some one offs that are too short to be posted elsewhere.  Also to share my inspiration pictures :)... because for those who know me from some of the sites I frequent I love and I do mean LOVE pictures.

Why Are You So Mean?

I have a nasty habit of torturing my characters, and I don't just mean in the way they like it (*cough* Nikolai *cough*).  I've made characters lose their grip on sanity, die in unsatisfactory ways, and suffer what seems at times to be needlessly. So why do I these things? The answer isn't simple... who the hell am I kidding, yes it is. Agent Smith in the Matrix said it perfectly: 
"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from."
To me that suffering makes the story more real. Some people lose their minds when a loved one dies. Some people cannot be saved. All of these horrible things are what make the story more real to me...or maybe I'm just a little crazy.


Soo that's me, and that's why I'm here and that's why I'm so mean, lol.

... However I have no answer for why I cackle and giggle while I write these horrible things... ah well there's an answer for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment